Tolethorpe Hall, Stamford

Tolethorpe Hall is renowned for its open air Shakespeare productions during summer months.  The work undertaken by our company at the Hall involved totally stripping the roof, and re-roofing with re-usable existing and sourced new and reclaimed Collyweston slate.  New structural timbers have been introduced as part of the extensive roof works.

Other works in the project included new copings, ashlars, finials, pointing with lime mortar, leadworks, new cast iron rainwater goods and new windows to first floor areas these being a mixture of bronze casements and decorated hardwood.

It is pleasing and rewarding to see the transformation that has taken place in restoring this wonderful Hall to its original glory.

                                                          

St John the Evangelist Church, Donisthorpe

The scope of works for this project is to repair and consolidate areas of the tower and also to provide a new tower roof covering in lead with a provision of access hatch.

New internal ladders have been manufactured to aid access to the tower and belfry area. The belfry area of the tower has also received four new louvres made of Canadian Douglas Fir.  A new chimney pot and cowl will complete the external works

Externally, a new drainage system has been introduced including soakaways.

 

Prestwold Model Farm Building Restoration

The Model Farm Buildings had lain in total disrepair and unusable for around 50 years.  The roof was totally stripped, timbers replaced and the whole roof retiled.

The interior has been thoroughly cleaned down and new drainage and cast iron rainwater goods have been introduced.  This project also involved the conservation and restoration of the bulding's timber doors together with conserving the cast iron iromongery and also included the conservation of the animal stalls to the interior.  A covered yard was created with four trusses and the cupola fully restored.  Extensive decoration completed the project.     

                    

 

Consolidation of the Ruins of Bagot's Castle, Baginton, Warwickshire

The ruins date from around the 14th Century and the scope of works for this project was to reduce some areas of ground level, rake out and repoint masonry, remove stumps and tree roots, backfilling of walls as specified, soft capping to wall tops and the introduction of consolidated layers of MOT Type 2 and granite gravel to the room floors.

The final part of this project was to create access to the ruins for the general public by means of a ramp and steps.

The project comenced in April 2011 an concluded in October 2011 when soft capping took place.

 

St Helen's Church, Stapleford, Nottinghamshire

Needing a new heating system and complete electrical rewiring, the PCC of the church made a decision to underake a major re-ordering project.

A number of major restorations have taken place during the life of St Helen's  in 1775-85 seating and heating were introduced and the North Aisle was added in 1876-78, together with the raising of the nave roof and chancel.  A minstrels gallery was removed and the pews installed.

The existing interior was not in a bad state of repair, but neither was it beautiful or practical.  The choice of floor was decided after visiting St Martin's Church, Desford one of our earlier projects and Ancaster flooring was agreed.  Internally a new glazed arch with glazed doors was introduced to allow a dramatic view of the East window.

A small utility area was created by reducing the size of the vestry and a new welcome desk and refreshment point in the South West corner.

The font was re-sited from the north aisle to a carefully selected position in the Memorial Chapel and a new stone tracery for a C19 window at the north aisle was created to receive the St Andrews window panels.

DSCF0528-1.JPG DSCF0592 - Copy-1.JPG IMG_0194-1.JPG IMG_0200-1.JPG IMG_0201-1.JPG IMG_0202-1.JPG IMG_0869-1.JPG

 

 

Page 2 of 3

Design & Brand MEDIA EDEN